HELLO PEOPLE !!!!!!

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
Born Again B2

HELLO PEOPLE !!!!!!

Post by Born Again B2 »

Iam the Newbee. Iam on the other boards as the (Mud Ranger 2). That was when I owned a 93 Ranger. I rolled the Ranger at a 4x4 event, and have been putting all the running gear into a 84 B2. This my first B2 build up, but I am useing ever piece of running gear from the Ranger for the build up. because the Ranger was built for Raceing at 4X4 events. Which I did for over 3 years. I will try and post some pictures. Rigth now Iam still 4 weeks out on getting it running. Iam shooting for a Big Mud Drag Event in Augest. :cool: I have been looking at YOUR rigs, and there COOL. The only thing that I did change in the build up was the Transmission. I used to run a 5 speed, but the B2 now has a Built C5. Will post more later. :D
84 B-2. 4.0, Headers,Cam,Nitros,Ported Heads, D-35 & 8.8 with 31 spline axels, 4.56 Gears, Detriot Lockers. Built C-5.
bigswede

Post by bigswede »

Welcome! I`ll be waitin` on those pics.
b2binbad

Post by b2binbad »

Welcome!!
You're right, I DON'T understand that Jeep thing ;)
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

pics, pics and more pics... Lets see em. Oh ya, welcome to the board.

:usa:
Born Again B2

Build Up

Post by Born Again B2 »

:D Well, the build up is going good. Got the dash wired up with the Ranger steering column mounted in. Cut out the wheel wells, and am putting the 8.8 under the rear end today. Tomorrow the front end goes in, if I can get some one to help me. Man there is a lot of wireing to install from the Ranger. But at least now every thing justs plugs in, with no spliceing. I am painting all the under side and compoints as I go. It will at lease look nice before the first mud race. I have to learn how to post my pictures, I can e-mail them O.K., but seem to mess up when I try to put them on this post. Will work on that problem. :idea:
84 B-2. 4.0, Headers,Cam,Nitros,Ported Heads, D-35 & 8.8 with 31 spline axels, 4.56 Gears, Detriot Lockers. Built C-5.
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

Welcome!! e-mail to Phillippi.
Darker than your average wheeler!!!!
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Sorry to hear about your ranger. Been there done that!

How do you think the shorter wheelbase of the B2 is going to work? I'd think the longer wheel base would be better for racing.

Look forward to seeing it. Keep us posted.
Born Again B2

B2

Post by Born Again B2 »

I really don't know how the short wheel base is going to work out, but I will do a lot of testing before I race it, in an obsticale course.

D-diesel; Are you saying that if I send you some pictures you could post them on this form for me? :idea:

Got the front end on today, at least its hanging there. Have a lot to hook up thou. Trying to get the springs to compress with no weigth on the front end was fun. :eek: Well my son is comeing over with his family for a couple days, so will take a break from the B2, until friday.
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

You can post them to me if you want them hosted or made smaller. If they are under 100k you can post them on this board. If they are huge and do not know how to crop them then email them to me at jason@phillippi.us
Born Again B2

Picture

Post by Born Again B2 »

Thanks Phillippi, I will take you up on your offer. I will try to get some pictures today and send to you. :cool:
Born Again B2

Rebuild

Post by Born Again B2 »

:cool: Will, I just sent off some pictures to Phillippi to post for me, I hope they come out O.K.. Some day Iam going to learn how to post pictures on web sites.
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

Here are the pics.

Enjoy
bailey

Post by bailey »

Looks good!

I saw that Ranger at the Port Townsend Safeway (apparently) the night before you rolled it, and man that is too bad. But it worked out O.K. for me, because I’m the guy who bought your rolled Ranger’s BW 1354 t-case and front driveshaft.

I finally got around to putting it in my B2, and it works great! The B2’s stock single u-joint front output/1350 setup bound with my :frown: low pinion d44, so that I had do some pretty extensive grinding in the “yoke” area and was worrying about it giving way (even with the awesome power of a 170K mile 2.9L). A lot less worries now – full droop with springs removed and no binding. Best of all, I didn’t have to have the shaft shortened. Thanks again.

I don’t like cornering my B2 very fast, but I’m sure you will keep it as low as reasonably possible and you know what your doing in both the build-up and driving aspects. I've seen some of the pictures of the Ranger in action.
1988 B2
d44/9"
tired 2.9L
Born Again B2

Bronco 2

Post by Born Again B2 »

:cool: Thanks Phillippi for posting the pictures for me. I will send some more as soon as I can get back to work on the B2. Was in the hospital friday for an operation, and now they went to cut on me some more thursday. I guess its like working on the B2, when I got the saw going, I keep triming and triming for hours. At least these doctors are getting me down in weight!, so the B2 will go faster. :laugh:

Bailey; Your right about the height problem. You can see by the pictures that it sits high now. And I have even taken one leaf out of the rear springs, and a 3/8" washer out of the front coils. But I will see how it looks with the motor/trans/fuel cell/battery etc. I am still a long ways off, but the true height will show up when everything is inplace. :eek: Well get back to work hopefull first of the week.
Born Again B2

Post by Born Again B2 »

:D Well, I got the front D35 all bolted in along with the 8.8 rear end. Flushed out the brakes and bleed them. Today I hope to set the motor in. Also am going to get started on the roll bars, and seat mounts. Slow and steady does it. :cool: