Posting multiple pictures

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

hey nobody!! how would a computer retarded person such as myself go about posting more than one pic at a time? :lol:
Darker than your average wheeler!!!!
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

As of right now, you have to host them somewhere on the internet. Your ISP usually gives you about 10MB of webspace.

Once you've done that, then you just post a link to the pics between the image tags like this.

Code: Select all

[Img]http://www.domain.com/picture.jpg[/Img]
Last edited by Nobody on Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

I'll also be adding a file attachment mod to the bulletin board. Not sure how many pics it will allow you to upload yet.
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

i have a account with superford.com will that work? if not i will send them to you phillippi and i'll be sure to shrink them for ya too thank's.
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

Ok Im glad you saw the post before Matt deleted it. I thought that was kinda funny.

Also Matt you can make the attachement file size as large as you want it. You can also make the pic file size any size as well. I hope this helps.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

I'll be enforcing a little more strict file sizes for images hosted on my server. If they are hosted elswhere, then I could care less. They'll just load slow for dial up folks.

D-Diesel, who is your ISP?

As for superford.com...you can try here and we'll let you know. Get the link to the pic by "right" clicking and choosing properties. Then paste the link between the image tags as shown above.
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

what the hell is a ISP???? i'll try to post from superford that way you explained.
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

ISP = Internet Service Provider
There now you learn something new everyday
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

ooohhh! that thing it's verizon. :lol:
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

Did they offer a deal that they allowed you webspace or a website when you signed up? Normally companies like that give you space of their servers that you would be able to host your pictures. Just a thought.
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

if they did i did'nt understand what the hell they were try'n to tell me but i will definetly look into it. im not having a easy time with posting pic's. i've try'd what nobody said but it's not working. :evil:
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

I'm currently with verizon.... I'll get the info you need later. You do have web space.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Go here and log in. Then click the "My Web Space" link on the left.

http://netservices.verizon.net/portal/site/verizon/

You'll have to activate your webspace. After that, they provide you with some web interface tools, or you can use FTP.

Type this address. Note it doesn't start with http://
ftp://ftpmysite.verizon.net

It will probably throw a login error at you. Click the file menu, and "login as". You should now have access to your site. Copy and paste the your pics from your hard drive to the ftp site.

To view your pictures, go here. Note you need change the link to reflect your username, and since verizon doesn't allow directory browsing, you need to add the picture name.

http://mysite.verizon.net/Your_username/picturename.jpg

here is a link to a pic on my verizon space. If I use the IMG tags, it would automatically load. Note that /bb/is a folder I created.
http://mysite.verizon.net/res6n5qk/bb/mars.jpg
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

hey thank's nobody im try'n to set it up right now let you guy's know how it all worked out tommarrow.
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

Like I said, if anyone wants some hosted, let me know. I will host some for you guys.