there's always a new guy....

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
BDEUCE

there's always a new guy....

Post by BDEUCE »

Hello to all. My Name is Nathan, and I live in the frozen north of canada. I have a '90 BII XL 4X4, 2.9 d35 (stock) up front, 3.73's, i think a 1354 trans case (??) and a 5-sp manual - i think a fm 146. I have been working on vehicles my whole life (not too long yet), mainly because i didn't see the point in spending more than $500 on a "new" vehicle. I was a tech advisor over on clubs-12.org - dealing with the nissan 200sx, or S-12. I try to learn new things, by desire, but usually end up learning out of necessity. I have done auto to manual swaps, 2 wheel drive to four, and swapped engines. (most recent helped to put a 2400cc nissan 4 cyl into a suzuki samurai - it had a 1300cc 4 cyl.

I am pretty easygoing, generally a nice guy. I don't flame people, and beleive that you (should) get what you give. I have left a car club or two because of idiots that are rude, or put down or contest or argue everything you post. I can take joshing, teasing, and joking around: i'm canadian...i love to laugh!!

to be honest i have been lingering this site for about a month now, just reading posts. i looked at this site, trs, and broncoII.org. I decided to join this one. looks like a good group of people i look forward to getting to know better. I also look forward to sharing my experience with tools, sharing pics, trading wheeling stories, gaining knowledge, and sharing laughs.

i have only had to do some routine maintenance on my b2, water pump, thermostat...twice, changed some spark plugs + wires, changed EVERY fluid on the vehicle, and have done some interior fixes...like a new console with FOUR cupholders instead of one. what was ford thinking?? currently, the bronco is sagging rearward, the flag style mirrors flip towards the vehicle at about 50 km/h, the cv d/shaft squeaks like a fanbelt, and i need a quieter exhaust...before i buy shares in advil! I plan to get sploder springs, plus a sploder add-a-leaf for the rear, f-150 coils ans 2' spacers up front, and a 2'' body lift all around. removal of sway bars, and addition of 31'' or 33'' tires - can't decide if I want to risk 33's with 3.73 axles!! a winch up front is in the plans, as well as lights, man, lights everywhere!! i weld a little, so i am planning to make front and rear bumpers similar to the JD ones.

i am also toying with the idea of a 4.0 swap, or apparently somewhat pioneering a 300 cu in straight six swap. i don't know why more people don't think of this motor...maybe the block is too long?!?! I think a chop top may be in the works sometime, too. I really like the looks of a chopped top, and EB-style rollbar, and custom soft top. i guess i will start that one out of necessity...when i roll my truck.

Laters, Nate. :cool: