Guess What I Got!

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
plowboy

Guess What I Got!

Post by plowboy »

Went back to Kansas last week to for a couple of family reunions. Spent some time with my grandma. Grandpa passed away last April. My dad's 1956 willys jeep was still in the barn. Grandma told me I could have it if I wanted it. She even has the title to it. It needs quite a bit of work, but hey it's still cool. Especially since i have and extra V6 and a automatic out of my BII. Since the jeep was only a 2wd I think I can make it work. All I have to do is go back and pick it up. I also found my dad's old Cushman scooter in one of the barns. Lots of restoration projects comming up.
Can't think of anything witty, intelligent, or cool to say...guess I'm just stupid.
bigswede

Post by bigswede »

Where at in Kansas?
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

Coffeyville
Can't think of anything witty, intelligent, or cool to say...guess I'm just stupid.
bigswede

Post by bigswede »

Well let`s see, that`s about a couple hours from me. Hmmm, Got an address so I can stop by and scam granny outa that heep and the scooter! :tongue2: :D
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

Thought that's what you was up to ... UHHH NOPE :D
bigswede

Post by bigswede »

Yup, that was more temptation than than I could stand! :devil: I`ve never really wanted a jeep much though. Not that they`re crap or anything, they`re just...........everywhere!
Happy_Jack

Post by Happy_Jack »

I have an extra V-8 :hmmm:
bigswede

Post by bigswede »

THERE ya go! Boy,can you imagine an old flatfender with a hot 302? Wheely bars and tiolet paper not included! :eek: I do remember an old car salvage yard auction I went to when I was like 13, and there was an old jeep there that had an old buick hail head V8 in it and rear airplane tires. :eek: Honest. Looked like scary fun.
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

:eek: You know that had to be fun! Airplane tires...cheep slicks! When I was a teen my dad and I talked about dropping in a 283 cheby or a 289. The blue oval would be my preference. I have most of a hot 289 sitting on the floor of my garage now. Might be a future canidate. The old heep has sit under a carport for 25 years so it ain't much to speak of right now. Just mostly sentimental value and a future project for me and my 3 boys to work on. However, I think showing up at a car show towing the old cushman would be fun:cool:
bigswede

Post by bigswede »

A cushman painted candy apple red with a chrome straight pipe would be cool.
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

Funny you should mention red, it has factory red paint on it. Yeah a chrome pipe...good thinkin! I think I'll do the cushman first. I would love to putter around the neighborhood on that and show up all the kids on mopeds :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I think that old cushman is the coolist. I have wanted it since I was 10. The best thing is that there is a dealer here in Indianapolis where I can get all the parts.
bigswede

Post by bigswede »

They`r very collectable. You shouldn`t have any problem finding parts. Mife wife has wanted one for years. But then again she`s a littie eccentric. :D I`ve got a magazine article about fixing `em up somewhere.
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

Cool, if ya happen to run acrossed it would mind scaning or copying it for me?.