Wanna buy a Bronco II

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
SanityAside

Wanna buy a Bronco II

Post by SanityAside »

Right now i'm thinkin about buying a burnt orange Bronco II, 4wd V6. I havent seen it yet but the wanted price for it was 1250 but its all the way down to 750 now. I wanna buy one to use as a trail rig. Are the Bronco II's pretty good offroad with a small lift and some nice tires? I'm not lookin for it to be perfect, i'm planning to do alot of work on the truck. I want somethin thats farely small, not like a bronco or blazer. What do you all think of your trucks offroad?
2001, Ford Ranger EDGE, 31" BFG AT's, 15x8 series 52 Rockcrawlers,Cranked torsion bars
desrt_rat

Post by desrt_rat »

i think its really hard to beat the BII or ranger suspention. i have ran a toy pickup, 4 runner, s10 and think the RBV is the best.
SanityAside

Post by SanityAside »

The one i want is a manual V6. I'm hoping it has a manual transfer case. I'm not sure if im gonna do it yet. If i dont, im just gonna lift my ranger, but a trail rig would be sweet. is the ttb suspension pretty durable? How hard or expensive is a decent solid axle swap on these?
2001, Ford Ranger EDGE, 31" BFG AT's, 15x8 series 52 Rockcrawlers,Cranked torsion bars
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

This was moved by me to chitchat.

Good luck in finding a b2. They are very great vehicles in stock form. They only get better with aftermarket stuff added.
SanityAside

Post by SanityAside »

alright, well i hope this one i like. i was told it has a clicking in the valves, but still runs great. i'll have to check it out. its a few hours away, but im offroading with it next weekend, ill get some pics for yall.
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

some clicking is normal on the 2.9L as long as its not loud. Mine clicked until the day I pulled it out. :D
SanityAside

Post by SanityAside »

whats biggest size tire in inches i can fit without trimming or lifting? What would i need to do to put 33's on there? I wanna do it cheap. Maybe like a 3" body and 3" suspension lift.
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

I had 30x9.5x15 on my 89 before a lift. Hard wheeling w/ swaybar disconnected and never rubbed.
SanityAside

Post by SanityAside »

i might see if i could trim and maybe put the 31's from my ranger on it, not sure. im also lookin at a solid axle 84 blazer right now with a snorkel and some other stuff.