So woud I be considered....

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
plowboy

So woud I be considered....

Post by plowboy »

a traitor if I replaced my totaled BII with a 79 Full Size? It's kida the full size I've always wanted...351/4speed. I've only seen a few full sized 79s with a 4 speed.
Can't think of anything witty, intelligent, or cool to say...guess I'm just stupid.
Rockcrawler

Post by Rockcrawler »

hay as long as your wheeling its all cool and at least your not getting a heep
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

I just got off the phone with the owner. He has owned it for the last 10 years. He said he hasn't put 600 miles on it since he owned it. Just kept it in his garage and drove it every once in a while. Has new lock out hubs (Warn I believe) New clutch. Dual rancho shocks on the front, rancho stering stablizer. No roof leakes and he has never mudded with it. Interior needs some work and the drivers seat is shot. Drivers door and rear quarter need a little TLC, but I can't wait. Going to pick it up tomorrow.
Can't think of anything witty, intelligent, or cool to say...guess I'm just stupid.
Rockcrawler

Post by Rockcrawler »

if the body is in good shape then you should be dieled in. Im getting tired of doing body work on my third BII
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Didn't you get the memo? This is Traitor amnesty month. :cool:
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

Nobody wrote:Didn't you get the memo? This is Traitor amnesty month. :cool:
:laugh:

I did at least stay in the same family. I went and drove it last night just to make sure it was all he said it was. Other than needing a tune up, it ran and drove great. I took my digi cam and was going to get some pictures but I was so stoked after driving it, that I forgot to take some pics. I was hoping to pick it up today, but it probably won't happen until tomorrow. :frown: It felt so good to drive something BIG again. It probably won't feel so good the first time I fill it up. Oh well, my day job commute is 14 miles round trip. I take the mini van for the longer night job commute. Can't wait to get it home!!
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

:D I'm in "hog heaven"!! This thing runs great!! Some TLC on the body and interior and it will be a great vehicle. Digi picts in the morning :cool:
plowboy

Here's some picts

Post by plowboy »

It's not a rose, but for $1500 I can't complain.
Attachments
P1010097.JPG
Not as Good Side
Not as Good Side
Good Side
Good Side
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

that thing looks good compaired to what I got...

good find!
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
bsplyr500

Post by bsplyr500 »

plowboy, that was literally right around the corner from my house. I live right off of mooresville rd in camby village. My dad was thinking about buying that, too. We thought we saw 3500 for the price. Lucky you. Have fun with that. What area do you live in anyway?
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

I live on the east side of Indy around Cumberland. A friend of mine owns Valley Motors in Mooresville just off the highway a few miles south from where this one was setting. I had gone down there on a Sunday afternoon to look at a bronco he had on his lot. I saw this one and stopped by on my way back. The guy was selling it for his son and said that he had dropped the price from $2K to 1500. I couldn't pass it up. Other than a tune up and carb rebuild, it's pretty solid.

I bet I drove by your house. I took it for a drive and drove through camby.