Red Leg?

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
TNMAN

Red Leg?

Post by TNMAN »

Well...I returned last week from my first anual training with my new NG unit. This was my first experience with field artillery. Though I am in Bn. Maint. I still got to move around to the different firing batteries. I'll have to say that I was amazed at how the gun crews performed their jobs.I got the chance to observe a live direct fire exercise. It was awesome to watch the 155mm guns fire at a target approx. 5 clicks away and hit it almost everytime! Getting to watch the crews load and the guns and then fire at a target visually was totally amazing. You could actually see the round leave the tube! After being in an Engineer Bde. for about 19 years and then move into a F.A. Bde. is kinda shocking. Wow....instead of CONstruction...I am now into DEstruction! I guess I am considered a "red leg" now.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

I've never heard the term red leg before. Must be an NG thing. I was in an arty unit for 2.5 years. The real fun starts when you find yourself down range durning live fire :eek: :rolleyes2:

How long till you go back to the sand box?
TNMAN

Post by TNMAN »

Nobody, there is no current plan for my Bn. to go as of now. There is another unit slated to leave very soon though. There is a whole armor regiment leaving in a couple months. I have been asked if I wanted to volunteer by a couple guys there.I was offered a promotion.I have seriously thought about it. The orders those guys have have a 720 day min. Since the reg. is very short in some positions(especially in W.O.'s) I may get to go wether I want to or not. We shall see.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

I don't think your family would appreciate 720 days! :eek: :usa:
89b24x4project

Post by 89b24x4project »

r yall in the u.s.m.c
TNMAN

Post by TNMAN »

89b24x4project wrote:r yall in the u.s.m.c
Nobody is former USMC. I am former Army and current NG.
nettak

Post by nettak »

Nobody wrote:I've never heard the term red leg before.
It's an Army artillery term used all the time. Something to do with red socks...if my honey was awake, I'd ask him - he's retired army.
A woman and her truck! It's a beautiful thing.