ORV Rally in Olympia This Friday

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
85ranger4x4

ORV Rally in Olympia This Friday

Post by 85ranger4x4 »

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showth ... ge=1&pp=10

I know this is late notice but I thought I would spread the word.
http://groups.msn.com/bellinghamdualsportriders

85 Longbed 4x4
94 4.0L V6, 4.56 welded rear, L/S front, 32" MTRs
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

You going?
85ranger4x4

Post by 85ranger4x4 »

Yea. I am not sure how I will be getting there yet. Either motorcycling on Friday morning from Bellingham or trucking down from the Seattle area.

Either way, yes I will be there.

There are a bunch of people carpooling to this. The closest group is meeting at Skagit Power Sports. The next group is meeting at one of the cycle barns...it says on those documents. I know Bill(the guy who made the first post) and he is a good guy.

85 Longbed 4x4
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

I hope y'all have a good turnout. The Motorcycle folks seem to be pretty organized.
85ranger4x4

Post by 85ranger4x4 »

yea...that organization is 100% due to guys like Bill.

On a side note, did you guys hear that Reiter has been turned into a Public Park? (that is good for us - it means it can't get closed and messed with)

I have seen people calling for a self police force down there now...like if you see someone dumping, stop them. If you see crack houses, report them. If you see squidly, rednecks doing burnouts in the streams or chainsawing trees to get their fullsizes through, stop them.

Just thought I would pass that allong since I know there are people on this board who get down that way much more often then I do.

85 Longbed 4x4
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

I hadn't heard about reiter. To be honest, I'm not sure which is worse, complete closure or over/mismanagement. Of course rieter is such a shit hole, it needs some management/rules, but when I venture into the outdoors, that's the exact thing I'm trying to get away from.

When it comes down to it, I really have no desire to go wheelin in an "ORV park". Sure i go from time to time, but what I enjoy is access to the deep back country.
ranger5.0

Post by ranger5.0 »

I just hauled 5 cars out of there this week and I have at least ten more over a bank to retrieve. There is a pile of 14 tires dumped on one of the roads and a little further up there is a pile of demo debris dump on a corner that will require a dump truck to remove it. I am not to much into the policeing of offroad areas, but I can say that I have not seen a burnt out vehicle in Walker Valley. It is the punks asses who get drunk or stoned, decide that their car is a offroad vehicle, and get it stuck. Then their so called buddies come by and destroy it for fun. Rarely there is a stolen vehicle that I have had to pull, most of them have registered owners that have abandoned them. :mad2:
EBSteve just likes to watch me break things.:-)
420HP and 775Ft lbs Now it is time to break things.
85ranger4x4

Post by 85ranger4x4 »

yea man. that shit pisses me off something real... There is no excuse for treating an area with that much disrespect. When I was younger, my friends and I cleaned up a car and 2 truckloads of demolition debris from a piece of private property that the owner let us wheel on and the next weekend someone literally drove THROUGH one of his trailers that he stored there and he notified the police and shut the area down. It makes me so mad that the ammo to close our areas down is coming from our own ranks...

85 Longbed 4x4
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

ranger5.0 wrote:I just hauled 5 cars out of there this week and I have at least ten more over a bank to retrieve. There is a pile of 14 tires dumped on one of the roads and a little further up there is a pile of demo debris dump on a corner that will require a dump truck to remove it. I am not to much into the policeing of offroad areas, but I can say that I have not seen a burnt out vehicle in Walker Valley. It is the punks asses who get drunk or stoned, decide that their car is a offroad vehicle, and get it stuck. Then their so called buddies come by and destroy it for fun. Rarely there is a stolen vehicle that I have had to pull, most of them have registered owners that have abandoned them. :mad2:
Are you the one that got to clean up 116th? I heard there was a whole fleet of cars pulled out of there. I think it would be a fun job! So does anyone go after the registered owners?

There are a few cars up at Walker, but nothing near the scale of Reiter. Ever since I first heard of Reiter, it's always been associated with stolen cars and dumping garbage.
ranger5.0

Post by ranger5.0 »

I haven't heard about the 116th job. That is private land I suspect and we don't remove cars from those areas. We only deal with public lands such as DNR, Forest Service, and county right aways to name a few. I enjoy the job though. Some of the Sheriff are trying the site the last registered owners with illegal dumping, but I haven't heard how well that is going. We are talking with a lady that cleans up Skagit County and she ids interested in our program. We are the only county in WA that does this and so far it has been successful for the past 5 years. So some of the other counties are getting interested. :cool:
EBSTEVE

Post by EBSTEVE »

116th was before your time in the job, at least 10 years ago that they closed it down. I was riding then and there was always a new car that had been left there and beat to crap, literally at least one a week, and I wonder why there is no where to go anymore.
Ranger 5.o, needing another project like Rosie O'Donnell needs another M&M.
ranger5.0

Post by ranger5.0 »

I thoght he was talking about recently. I rode there a few times and that is where my ranger got her first dent. That place was way to bumpy for me on the beaters that I rode. :redneck:
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

No I was talking about the old school dayz when cruising in Marysville was legal. :cool: My how times have changed.
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

If ya lived down south here kent,Renton, Don't forget the good ol Renton Loop
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
ranger5.0

Post by ranger5.0 »

Marysville cruzing didn't last long though. I only remember going there cause they shut down Evergreen Way. :mad2: then State was closed like a year later. Freakin' cities. didn't they know that cruzing was keeping us out of trouble :rolleyes: and they could always find us on the river road drag racing when we weren't in town.