Like running out of gas

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
B2JAY

Like running out of gas

Post by B2JAY »

My 86 2.9 has been doing this for a couple of weeks and its seems to be getting worse. When I drive my rig cold it runs fine but when it heats up and has been running for a while, its starts to miss when I step on the gas. I first noticed it a couple of weeks ago when I drove my truck for a while and then stopped and parked it. After sitting for a few minutes while I ran in the store, jumped back in it and started to drive away but when I accelerated it totally sputtered and choked like it was out of gas and then it would kick in and cut out a few times before I could get my truck to go anywhere. Now it does it sometimes when the truck is warmed up and seems to be when I come to a complete stop. I have no idea but if I had to guess it seems like a fuel problem. Another question is wher should I get a code reader? Pep boys Autozone etc? I'm sure thats what most will tell me (pull the codes) Please help if you have any ideas
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

dude...we already replied in the thread you started the other day.

If you keep starting new threads, it makes it hard to troubleshoot.

here's the link..it's about 4 posts down. This one is locked

http://forum.broncoii4x4.com/viewtopic.php?t=844