Leaking gas problems

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
Visitor

Leaking gas problems

Post by Visitor »

Hi There,

Does someone knows the part number for the gas hose that goes from the fuel filter to the engine in a BroncoII 89. The hose in my Bronco is leaking too much, the oring is not sealing correctly. :confused: It cannot be replaced by a simple hose connection.

Thanks in advance,

GAP
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

you should have the 2.9L so any BII or ranger with the 2.9L should work for you to get the line off of. if you just want the part number the local ford dealer should be able to help you out.
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
huffs

Post by huffs »

I had the same problem and i got new line and couplers for it at napa. They had them hanging on a shelf .... just need to know which size it is there are only 2 sizes. the hoses come with one end for the fuel pump or tank or filter you only need the size.i figure that the ford dealer will rape you for alot more than napa
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

So its leaking at the fuel filter or at the engine? They do make end fittings but you have to heat up the fuel line and push it on. You cannot heat it too much or it ruins the tubing and too little and its just about impossible to press it in. I hope that helps.
huffs

Post by huffs »

you do have to heat the hose but the directions on the package says to use hot water and soak it for a few minutes.it worked like a charm and no bubbling problems. :tongue2:
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

I got the part from Ford and It wasnt in a package, so I took a chance and used a hair dryer to heat it up on low. It worked as well and has been working for about 10 years now.
foxfan

Post by foxfan »

well, i tried to soak mine in hot water and it didnt work for sh@!. so then i got a heat gun (best $20 ever spent) and still just screwed the hoses up because the barbed fittings were to long.

then i found out that the ones i had bought are no longer made and a different company makes them. the new ones had a much shorter fitting for swedging the hoses together and came w/ those high preasure crimp clamps. these ones worked very well w/ the heat gun.
i did a search and looked through the threads and still didn't find what i needed!

Post by Guest »

Thank you all for all the recommendations. I have not fixed it yet. I will try Napa, though theyre not present in my country. I am trying to call directly to one of the old mechanics from the Ford dealer that shut down operations last year.

Thanks again,