Cleaning out my O2 sensors?

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
Rockcrawler

Cleaning out my O2 sensors?

Post by Rockcrawler »

How can i clean them with out damnageing them? I put this post up to because i wanted to be the first one to post in here! :lol:
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

I don't know about cleaning them. From what I know, there isn't really a good way.
NightKrawler

Post by NightKrawler »

Better to just replace them IMHO.

Nice new program you got here NoBody. Looks familiar to me. :lol:
85 B2 Locked front/rear D35 TTB 5.13's, Ex 8.8", 35" MT's, 15x8 Steel, 3" Duff Lift & 3" BL.
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

ahhhh DAMN IT i wanted to be the first to post in here. oh well (the finger).
i think you should check it with a meter if you think it may be giving you problems. there suppose to have a certain resistance i dont know right off the top of my head what it should be but i can find out tonight or you could check out fordfuelinjection.com. i think that's the site!! nice avitar rock.
Darker than your average wheeler!!!!
broncoo

Post by broncoo »

i saw this one on pirate so just bend over at the parts counter an take it lke a man :shock:
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

I have never tryed to clean one but I did clean my MAS air meter with throttle cleaner. it didn't leave any residual and as long as you let it dry it might be ok? worse case..... you have to buy a new one and if you don't clean it you will have to go that rought anyway.
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
Rockcrawler

Post by Rockcrawler »

yeah that was my post and i will try to clean them out but will probly have to buy new ones. I did noticed one had been hit by a rock :lol: It was all bent upwards! I guess im playing to hard :P
MHHodges

o2 sensors

Post by MHHodges »

I have never had much luck cleaning o2 sensors, and actually cost wise sensors for the Bronco II seem resonable compared to some other vehicles. I think $20 from JC Whitney.

While we are on the o2 sensor subject I have project 84 bronco II I recently picked up and only had one o2 sensor hooked up. Does anyone know what number wire on the ECM computer do the sensors hook to. This bronco had a fatal flaw in the past of running lean on the Right side and wonder if the inoperable sensor contributed to this.
Matt