Heating System

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
B2JAY

Heating System

Post by B2JAY »

Can anybody please send me some pics of their heating system under the hood. I have an 86 B2 with a bypassed heating core and would like to replace the core and run new lines and need to see where on the engine they are located, and if they go straight to the core from there. It dose'nt sound too hard from what I've read, but if anybody has any other suggestions please let me know. Thanks
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

This is all I can find.

You may need a new heater core, so watch for leaks.

B2JAY

Heating

Post by B2JAY »

I need to see where they come from on the engine. Thanks for the pic though. I will be replacing the core but I need to see where the lines come from to the core.
NakedDucks

Post by NakedDucks »

They come from the water pump......

I will look tomorrow and see which goes where, I will also try and get a few pics.....
ranger5.0

Post by ranger5.0 »

The inlet line should be bigger than the return line. Measure your fittings and you will see the difference. I can see two different sized hoses in Nobody's pict.
EBSteve just likes to watch me break things.:-)
420HP and 775Ft lbs Now it is time to break things.
Trigger_2001

Post by Trigger_2001 »

when u put in ur new core, put the input hose on and leave the output hose off. that way, you don't get a big air bubble in there. turn the engine on. u should see antifreeze come out of one of the hoses. that is your input hose.
The Bronc Rider (is only 15!!)
B2JAY

Core

Post by B2JAY »

Getting my core this week will be installing it. I'm still not clear of where the hoses come from but if it's where I think, I dont think they are two different sizes. The bypass hose is just a hose that loops around (I think) I will take some pics tomarrow and post so you can see what I'm talking about. Thanks guys!
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

One hose should connect up by the top radiator hose. The other hose drops down the passenger side/front of the engine, then connects to a metal line that wraps around to the lower radiator hose area.

That's the way I remember it anyway.
Exhauster

Post by Exhauster »

if you're putting in a new core it doesn't matter which hose goes on which pipe
Give a call for a special price on brake or exhaust work Exhaust Tech 253-333-7200