where can i find these?!

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
NMB2

where can i find these?!

Post by NMB2 »

where can i find C-Bushing wedges for my solid axle. thats basically all im mising, ive got the stock mounts cut off, fullsize radius arms, one arm wristed, brake lines, gears, u-joints...ect. i need c-bushing wedges to finish, i seen james duff had them awhile ago but they arent listed anymore. plus id like to try to find some cheaper than $80. any help appreciated.
i wish my lawn was emo...so it'd cut itself.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Duff is the only place I'm aware of. I know they updating their website, so some stuff might not be listed yet.

and yeah...they are kind of expensive, but short of cutting some off another axle, you're kind of stuck I think.
NMB2

Post by NMB2 »

well i could go buy a houseing for $36...same housing i got the radius arms from. 77 F150. but id rather just buy new i guess i dunno right now.
mekcanix

Post by mekcanix »

go buy the other housing buddy cause thats a hell of alot cheaper than Duff by a mile come on justin ya built everything else why let this give ya grief :redneck:
Its a Bronco II thing............EVEN WE DONT UNDERSTAND
85 bronc modded up a bit
NMB2

Post by NMB2 »

yer right...i also re-did the rear today...took out them long ass shackles and put the stock ones back in. took jims 84 F150 rear pack..took out overload and main leaf, used the B2 main leaf and put that in with my 2" lift block and shims and i have about 6" lift in the rear now and MUCH better travel. as for the front i just ordered my new 760x ford the Dana30 along with seals, new rear u-joint, new 7* bushings and new pinion bearings and races for the 8" rear. now i just gotta get some long ass brake lines to extend the stock ones and go get that housing with the fullsize coil spacers and its on its wheels...i say 2 weeks and im kickin ass! :finger:
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

The duff site is back up. Here is the link look a little more then half way down. http://www.jamesduff.com/eb/bushing.html
EBSTEVE

Post by EBSTEVE »

84bronco2 wrote:as for the front i just ordered my new 760x ford the Dana30 along with seals,
If your going to all the trouble of the solid axel why not narrow up the 44 housing and use it instead of the 30?
NMB2

Post by NMB2 »

because the fullsize housing is just that... a housing and because my Dana30 is just about as strong as your EB D44 interally wise...stronger joints as a matter of fact unless you've upgraded to 760x. also i wanted this because its lighter, more ground clearance and wider than a EB D44. was easier to find too. remember its not a shitty EB D30..its from an XJ.
EBSTEVE

Post by EBSTEVE »

84bronco2 wrote:because the fullsize housing is just that... a housing and because my Dana30 is just about as strong as your EB D44 interally wise...stronger joints as a matter of fact unless you've upgraded to 760x. also i wanted this because its lighter, more ground clearance and wider than a EB D44. was easier to find too. remember its not a shitty EB D30..its from an XJ.
LOL somebody needs to chill out a bit, bad day or are you just that touchy?
Wow now that I know it's an XJ 30 I take back everything I ever said about 30's :laugh:
offroadohio

Post by offroadohio »

I was going to do the xj 30... but got fullwidths now instead...

Why even mess with radius arms, the 30 is setup for 4link... build custom arms so it slike radius arms, and change the frame mounts, slap it in and go....
NMB2

Post by NMB2 »

no im not touchy ive just been ragged on about my dana30 a few to many times, but what people dont seem to realize i guess is that the XJ 30 is nothing like a EB 30. its high pinion, has 297x (or 760 in my case) and is wider. i never plan on a V8 swap and my B2 only weighs about 3300lb. no use to do a D44 low pinion with little 260x and like 1/2" wider than my stock axles. id much rather have this Dana30...just has more to offer than the EB 44 in my build.
offroadohio

Post by offroadohio »

A xj 30 should be fine for you, longas you stay below a 33... heck ive seen 35's on these 30's and they are fine. The better upgrade would be a 9inch and a hi pinion 44 from a 70's fullsize but, a xj30 will do for the swap and keep the same bolt pattern....
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

I don't think anyone is trying to rag on you. We just want to see you get the most bang for your buck.

Sure a dana 30 will work. Thing is, you'll be buying gears, locker, hub conversion, steering etc for a dana 30.

The dana 30 might have the same size joint, but the axles are smaller, the bearings are smaller, the bearing caps are smaller, the spiders are smaller, the brakes are smaller, the balljoints are smaller, tubes are smaller, and I only hope you have an axle without the vacuum disconnect.

High pinion has little more to offer than better driveline angles. Properly set up R&P's should be the last thing on any axle to break.

I ran my 7.5 with 36's and a V8 for a couple years. It can be done, especially if you drive with a little common sense. Given a choice, I wouldn't choose a 7.5 though. I wheeled the piss out of my 44 with the small joints, and never had a problem. Still carry them as spares. In fact I've had exactly zero problems with my 44 since I put it in.

In the end, I say run what you brung. It really doesn't matter as long as you're having fun. But if you have a dana 44 sittin there, I say build it, you'll thank yourself.
NMB2

Post by NMB2 »

i understand what you all are saying and im not going to try to argue a D30 is stronger than a D44...all im saying is for $100 i got a Dana30 HP, it already had the 4.10s in it, came with steering, drop pitman, stablizer and i was given a cable actuator for it. internal wise is the same shafts and a slightly smaller gear than a D35 TTB and i see them run with 35s locked all the time. i plan on open 33x12.5. i also paid $25 for the new greasable 760 u-joints. my whole point is if i dont NEED the Dana44 which in my case i dont because this is plenty strong...why use it? this way i have something strong enough and loose some weight and pickup some ground clearance and width. also about the tubes being smaller because i was kinda worried...i got to lookin at it and they are 3/16th" smaller than D44 but once the arms on are the only explosed part is surrounded by a 1/2" peice of steel all the way around where the link mounted to..choped the stub off and now i have a sturdy tube gaurd. got them wedges off today by the way...axle should be in around next tuesday-thursay. ill post pics if you all want to see!
offroadohio

Post by offroadohio »

$100... you got ripped....

I sold 3, comeplete, from steering box down for 50 a piece not long ago.. I pick up these xj 30's all the time for next to nothing...

I got a complete 44 with all steering, and 9inch for $100