Turbonator

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
B2JAY

Turbonator

Post by B2JAY »

Has anybody used the "Turbonator" before or currently? I was looking at the link and was wondering if it really worked. Please let me know if you have ever heard of anybody ever using one. Thanks
Exhauster

Post by Exhauster »

i think the turbonator is the same as a tornado. i bought a toyota that someone had installed one in... after i removed it the car ran much better....
Give a call for a special price on brake or exhaust work Exhaust Tech 253-333-7200
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

all that stuff is junk, kinda like the "chip" you can buy on ebay for $30......they say it works for every car.......BS. it fools the EFI into thinking your car is always cold and dumps more fuel into the chamber.....in short bad idea. it is not going to change the turbulance in the air flow and help by doing it in the intake tube. the air flow terbulence you need to fix is in the heads around the gaskets and the casting bumps. that requires hours of porting.
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
ranger5.0

Post by ranger5.0 »

The concept must have some merit. Since a few throttle body spacer company's build it into their product with gains. The theory seems to work good on wood stoves too :hmmm: I installed one in my dad's exploder along with a cat-back Flowmaster exhaust system and a K&N air filter. He says that it made better power at freeway speeds and tended not to shift out of overdrive as often underload such as pulling hills in the Seattle area. I'm sure it was the combination of the three products that he got the desired result. I would use a lubricant to install it into the intake tube though it is a tight fit. :redneck:
EBSteve just likes to watch me break things.:-)
420HP and 775Ft lbs Now it is time to break things.
Exhauster

Post by Exhauster »

NOW TRY REMOVING IT AND SEE IF THE FLOWIE AND K&N IS WHAT REALLY MADE THE DIFFERENCE
Give a call for a special price on brake or exhaust work Exhaust Tech 253-333-7200
ranger5.0

Post by ranger5.0 »

AH :hmmm: No, I ain't driving to Seattle and spending $30.00 in gas to find out.
EBSteve just likes to watch me break things.:-)
420HP and 775Ft lbs Now it is time to break things.