Driveshaft Info

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
B2JAY

Driveshaft Info

Post by B2JAY »

I have an 86 BII that's getting a 6inch Skyjacker lift next week and I'm still trying to get an idea of what my driveshaft length will be after I have the lift installed. The current length is 31" does anybody out there have any idea what it would be approx after my lift is installed?
ranger5.0

Post by ranger5.0 »

I think there is alot af variables involved after you lift your rig and for someone to say exactly what length to get would be a shot in the dark.Be patient and wait until you install the lift and then measure for your self. I think you will be happier that way cause you will get exactly what you need for your app.
EBSteve just likes to watch me break things.:-)
420HP and 775Ft lbs Now it is time to break things.
Exhauster

Post by Exhauster »

it depends on which transmission you have. with a 5 speed a good starting point is a 33" collapsed which is what i have on mine with a 4" lift and it lets the wheels hang to full extension . stay away from the GKN joint drivelines...
B2JAY

Thanks!

Post by B2JAY »

Thanks for you input! I think I'm going to wait until it's lifted then order a Duff Tuff driveline.