Window keeps fogging up

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
masopicman

Window keeps fogging up

Post by masopicman »

I recently bought an 84 Bronco 2! And the heat works well, yet side windows are always foggy, is this a common thing? or do I need to wash my windows?
Thanks, I've taken into consideration all of the above, including smashing out the winshield lol. I'll bet it's the heater core, it kinda smells like Antifreeze.
Last edited by masopicman on Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dreded

Foggy eh?

Post by Dreded »

Your problem is most liley a condinsation thing pull up a section of yer carpet and see if its damp underneath :)
4x4'ers Eat More Bush!
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

it could be a small leak in the heater core that is letting a small amount into the cab.
ranger5.0

Post by ranger5.0 »

I would agree with the heater core theory if you smell antifreeze. The ranger/bii bodys use a sealer in the drip rail that tends to get brittle and crack thus causing a leak into the cab giving you the wet carpet. Mine would drip down from the top of the windshield down onto the steering column.
EBSteve just likes to watch me break things.:-)
420HP and 775Ft lbs Now it is time to break things.
Trigger_2001

Post by Trigger_2001 »

Quit Breathing!!!!!!!!!!! LOL. Just kidding :laugh:
The Bronc Rider (is only 15!!)
offroadohio

Post by offroadohio »

My Ranger is always like that.... and I Have no leaks anywhere.... I switch from panel to defrost and back in forth about every 10 minutes....lol
Dreded

Leaks

Post by Dreded »

When iu first got my BII it was awsome defrost took 2 secs to get rid of iced winbdow sin mronming then they stayed clear then after a bit they always stayed foggy took me a bit but i finnally noticed the carpet was getting damp from a drainhole under the truck :)
4x4'ers Eat More Bush!
b2binbad

Re: Window keeps fogging up

Post by b2binbad »

masopicman wrote:I recently bought an 84 Bronco 2! And the heat works well, yet side windows are always foggy, is this a common thing? or do I need to wash my windows?
Welcome Pueblo dude, I'm 20 mins from you in Florence. Anyways, I solved my problem by removing the doors and smashing out the windshield. Prolley be a little nipply in the winter. :redneck: LOL
You're right, I DON'T understand that Jeep thing ;)
masopicman

Re: Window keeps fogging up

Post by masopicman »

b2binbad wrote:
masopicman wrote:I recently bought an 84 Bronco 2! And the heat works well, yet side windows are always foggy, is this a common thing? or do I need to wash my windows?
Welcome Pueblo dude, I'm 20 mins from you in Florence. Anyways, I solved my problem by removing the doors and smashing out the windshield. Prolley be a little nipply in the winter. :redneck: LOL