Bronco 2 spark problems

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
vj_M

Bronco 2 spark problems

Post by vj_M »

ok, I replaced the TFI module, tryed a diferent coil and still i have no spark....
HOWEVER... I DO have spark when I disconnect a Little fuse like thing on the wires goin to the TFI module but it won't start... but when i put it back in i have no spark.

i was told that it was ground problems...

Can anyone tell me where to start at ??

thanks
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

are you getting anything at the coil (spark ,volts)??? if not check to see if there is voltage at the coil. make sure your coil is not grounded meaning there are only 2 wires going to it.
Darker than your average wheeler!!!!
vj_m

Post by vj_m »

yes. I have power to the coil i think there are 3 wires one's a condesor wire goin into the red one and the other is a green with a stripe..

anything else it could be??
DZK007

Post by DZK007 »

Got a manual? I would look at the Hall pickup in the distributor.

What year and engine are we looking at here?
'84 Bronco II, 3.0L, 4X4, 5spd, D-35+8.8 w/31spl Explorer axles, some suspension mods.....

410fortune Owes ME $$$ !
vj_M

Post by vj_M »

nope, unfortunately I do not have a manual..
its an 88 2.9L

where would that be located in the distrbutor. Is it that thing on the side like a magnet with 2 screws holding it in?
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

are you getting fuel? you should be able to fire it up with the the link disconnected. how are the plug's looking? do they have fuel on them when you try to start it?
Darker than your average wheeler!!!!
huffs

Post by huffs »

i'm assuming the fuse thingy you are talking about is the whatchamacallit that you take out to time the motor all it does is disables the timing advance so i would go from there with your search.maybe this will give some of the other guys an idea for you. I just know enough to get myself in trouble and go buy more parts and tools :redneck: