Newbie here needing some help

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
carlykay0430

Newbie here needing some help

Post by carlykay0430 »

I am looking at getting my son a 1990 B2 2WD. There are a few things that for sure need fixing like it needs a new muffler, passenger side window and the A/C doesn’t blow cold. In addition, the owner says the odometer reads 362 and the title says exempt, so no way of knowing actual mileage on the engine. Will this odometer and exempt “thing” effect my being able to register it? How will I know if the engine needs replaced or rebuilt, and how much would something like that cost? This is meant to be my son’s daily driver until he can start modifying it to his liking. I would appreciate any help! Oh, we live in southeast Tennessee.
tekatlarge

Re: Newbie here needing some help

Post by tekatlarge »

I am not sure how things are done DMV wise in Tennessee but the mileage thing should be a no problem thing as after so many years the DMV really don't care about mileage on a vehicle. After they roll over 100K it really doesn't matter as the DMV has done it's due diligence in protecting newer vehicles from mileage rollback. If DMV has annual vehicle condition inspections there is your only hang-up. You must have your vehicle in good mechanical condition. Some inspections will ding you if there are any major rust thru in the chassis but mainly it just needs to be in sound mechanical condition. Something to consider is if an annual condition is required you may be able to get a list of what DMV will look at is an inspection is required I would check with your local DMV. As for engine condition one good way is to check compression. Be advised that the BII engine is prone to cracked cylinder heads so maybe you might want to run a cooling system pressure check also. Good luck with your project....
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast