Hopping Bronc

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
robertoinmexico45

Hopping Bronc

Post by robertoinmexico45 »

On even a moderate washboard on a wet or dry dirt road, on a curve or not, moderate speed, just turn the wheel a bit and if she's hoppin a bit Goldie will kick up her hind legs and start to go sideways. Have had other pressing problems but suspect loose rear spring shackles. Is this a common problem?
PlumCrazyChris

Re: Hopping Bronc

Post by PlumCrazyChris »

How are your shocks? Might want to lower your tire pressure some. I doubt loose shackles are a common problem.
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

I am in agreeance that it sounds like a shock problem. That is a good description of crappy or no shocks when driving over a washboard. I had a BII once that had new cheep cheep shocks I used to travel over this portion of the road that was all washboard and I had to slow my roll going down it as the bumps would make the rig try to switch ends. I finally bought a set of Rancho RS5000 shocks and when I went down that same road it was like night and day. It tamed that BII right down and I could go through there 3 to 4 times as fast as before and still be in control. No I want to stress all of the components in my suspension were good. No worn bushings or weird suspension mods and all sway bar links connected. Put a set of sway bar quick disconnects on the rig if you still have sway bars. If not get a set if your going to be driving fast on bad roads.. If you go off roading then disconnect the sway bar links to get more Flex from your suspension.
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
robertoinmexico45

Post by robertoinmexico45 »

Thanks for the replies. as part of my orientation check out i adjusted the tire pressure and guess what ?? No more hopping so was a good suggestion. Now got some electrical problems. Will repost under different heading .