89 bronco 2 engine light stays on, and unable to pull codes.

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
Rambonation

89 bronco 2 engine light stays on, and unable to pull codes.

Post by Rambonation »

Good evening everyone,

I have a 89 bronco 2 with the 2.9. I have been having starting problems with since I purchased the vehicle. I have replaced the map,iac,tps, intake manifold temp sensor, icm,new distributer cap, wires, and spark plugs. New battery cables, starter relay, upper intake gaskets, valve cover gaskets. That's a little back into on installed and tried. I have a constant engine light that wont go off. I have tried leaving the battery disconnected to reset computer but no hopes. I am unable to pull codes no matter how I try cause of the constant light. One other thing the full pump runs constantly with key on. Anything will be helpful to possibly get this fixed.

Thanks for help.
broncofan

Re: 89 bronco 2 engine light stays on, and unable to pull codes.

Post by broncofan »

https://www.broncoiicorral.com/tech_library/ Can't really help much, but look here and the Ranger station too. Lots of smart people here too
2013 Taurus SHO LMS V11 tune, 06 F150 Harley-Davidson Edition,03 Mustang GT Conv, 97 Jeep GC Laredo 5.2, 84 BII
tekatlarge

Re: 89 bronco 2 engine light stays on, and unable to pull codes.

Post by tekatlarge »

Pull the fuel pump relay, see if pump stops. If the pump stops then try to retrieve the codes.
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast