1988 bronco 2 2.9 spark plug

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
Gmadden94

1988 bronco 2 2.9 spark plug

Post by Gmadden94 »

Hey new to this forum and not sure how it works but anyway I've got an 88 b2 4wd 5sp and I cannot for the life of me figure out why its burning spark plugs in half. New plugs wires distributor cap and button all gapped correctly and it still will absolutely burn a plug like through the middle and leave the threads in the block and the top of plug comes off with the wire. Any help would be appreciated I've debated to junk it but it's a real fun toy.
Nobody

Re: 1988 bronco 2 2.9

Post by Nobody »

I've never seen that happen before. Do you have a picture of the plug? First thing I'd do is make absolute sure you're using the correct plug. It could also have to do with a lean condition. Pull codes. Is the emissions system all intact?
Gmadden94

Re: 1988 bronco 2 2.9 spark plug

Post by Gmadden94 »

Didnt get a picture sorry I will next time it does it if you catch it in time it just looks like you welded the end of the plug up but piston looks fine and I have no idea what from the emissions side of it has been deleted or faked or whatever just went through an upper and lower intake gasket replacement and it started this