Shifter knob

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
timmytimb2

Shifter knob

Post by timmytimb2 »

Need info on how to remove 84's shifter knobs so I can replace the shifter boot. Any info is appreciated.. :beer:
broncofan

Re: Shifter knob

Post by broncofan »

They just screw on and off. Sometimes they're difficult and may be stripped out and glued back on.
2013 Taurus SHO LMS V11 tune, 06 F150 Harley-Davidson Edition,03 Mustang GT Conv, 97 Jeep GC Laredo 5.2, 84 BII
drofman

Post by drofman »

Wrong. they are a compression fit. The way I took them off was to use a adjustable end wrench under the knob and hit it up with a hammer.
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

:cool: Hey Drof whats been happening? Long time haven't been on here much. Life has been in the way. Big News I no longer live in Kent,Worshington. I moved back in May and I am still in Worshington. I live on the coast now. Seattle just sucked the life right out of me and almost financially ruined me with insane taxes... Hey drop a line or make a post. We should have a survivors reunion... Were still here after all these years. Best to you and family
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast