Have: '89 B-II XLT auto 4x & Trans, need info on what other yrs BII parts will swap. Tonyterlingua@gmail.com thx.

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
tonyterlingua

Have: '89 B-II XLT auto 4x & Trans, need info on what other yrs BII parts will swap. Tonyterlingua@gmail.com thx.

Post by tonyterlingua »

Ok, I'm new to this. Need to know what other yrs bronco II parts will fit my '89 BII XLT Eddie B auto Trans, 2.9L push button 4x. Is there a chart ? Any help is appreciated. Can em
tekatlarge

Re: Have: '89 B-II XLT auto 4x & Trans, need info on what other yrs BII parts will swap. Tonyterlingua@gmail.com thx.

Post by tekatlarge »

Hello,
I am sorry to say there is no book for interchange except maybe a Hollander manual and them ain't cheap or easy to get. The rule of thumb I use is most all B II body parts will fit the other year B II through 1990. Engines if it is a 2.9L literally all parts interchange. If it is a 2.8 they don't. The rear end and trans were interchangeable 1990 I think is when they switched to the Dana 35 Axles but I could be wrong on that.

As for parts from other vehicles, Ranger pickups share a Lot of B II Parts. but not a lot from anything else. also keep in mind that a lot of parts are interchangeable but not exactly the same. Fuel gauge is one that comes to mind. Ford was messing with different sensors and locations in the tank.

Keep these things in mind and use common sense and you should find a lot of opportunities to interchange. :cool:
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast