no idle 85 bronco 2

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
tylerg18

no idle 85 bronco 2

Post by tylerg18 »

i have an 85 bronco 2 2.8l 5 speed with overdive. when i will start it , it take a while for it to seem like get gas to it but eventually it will and when starts up it wont stay running untiil it gets warm and it takes for ever to get warm . i can make it saty running by working the clutch when driving .could it be maybe the choke not working right? i have pulled this old hunting truck out of the woods that sat up for a year i still have problems i cant figure out . thanks in advance
tekatlarge

Re: no idle 85 bronco 2

Post by tekatlarge »

First I would ask a question? Is this a stock 2.8 that has the electronic carburetor? and funky ignition. Sounds like it could use a duraspark conversion and a ford 2150 carburetor. At least you would have a nice simple easy to work on fuel and electric system and be as reliable as my Timex.
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
drofman

Post by drofman »

It sounds like it may be a fuel problem to me. What I would try is to remove the air cleaner and use carb cleaner to see if it's a fuel problem 1st then go from there. The gas now a days sucks ad if it sat for awhile and it runs off the carb cleaner I'd say it needs a carb rebuilt. Hey Tek I told you I would lurk around her every once in a while even though I sold the B2 and got a Heep. I do miss the B2.
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

Hey Drof,

Good to hear from you. Hope all is well with you and yours.. I got rid of my B II but I kept everything else. Engine and complete running gear and a lot of spares. I haven't given up I am just going to get all of my running gear together and rebuilt and then look for a cherry 1990 BII body to put it in. Ahh but that is a little down the line..

I agree with your post it sounds like a fuel issue. and I am highly suspicious of the Carburetor.
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast