lose of power

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
Lance Skene

Re: lose of power

Postby Lance Skene » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:10 am

Nice article Tek, hadnt seen that page before, there someone at another Ford site rebuilding a 2150 right now so I gave him the link.
'80 Bronco 351M
'85 BII 2.8/Duraspark
'89 F150 302 Supercab

tekatlarge

Postby tekatlarge » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:30 pm

No worries Lance, :smilie:
I did that article several years ago and I decided to share with every one what I knew about 2100's.

On another Note I hopefully will start on the Frame Jig for my Coupe on Monday. :tongue: I had been saving some money to buy the steel to make a jig to set up the coupe frame and Had a "Craigslist Moment". I spotted an add for 90" sticks of 2X3 Square Tube 1/8 Wall welded together so it was actually 2 sticks for $10.00 a stick. Well that is a smoking deal these days as metal prices are way up. So I go down to pick me up 10 of those 2 stick bundles for $100.00 and the guy slipped 2 more bundles for a total of 12 bundles for $100.00. He says I am his first customer for this metal so I got a bonus. Damn good deal and he loaded them for me!!! I got enough steel now to get a damn good start on the Jig. I love Craigslist some times!!
The Tek @ Large
Kent,Worshington
I was borne under a rock. So what's your excuse?

rayrayd

Postby rayrayd » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:33 pm

Update: found carb was severely rusted - beyond clean and rebuild - new carb and she is running better than ever!!! This carb is dura spark friendly so, thats the next project!

Lance Skene

Postby Lance Skene » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:50 pm

Goog to hear its running better. What do you mean by "duraspark friendly" ?? Did you put on a 2150 or something differant??

Im just starting another duraspark conversion... got all the crap stripped out on sunday, need valve cover gaskets cause I want to set the valves before putting it back together.
'80 Bronco 351M
'85 BII 2.8/Duraspark
'89 F150 302 Supercab

rayrayd

Postby rayrayd » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:14 pm

I don't remember what model that carb was - my cousin is helping me with this project. its a reman - i think for an early 80's model Ford truck - its doesn't have the electric choke - I can figure
out what it is and let you know. It only ran me about $250

I did make a copy of the link you sent over on the duraspark conversion

I've gotten side tracked with bad pivot arm bushing and stabilizer bushing

thanks again for the help

Return to “Bronco Tech”