New to site, questions

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
Quick draw

New to site, questions

Post by Quick draw »

Ok I'm a great fabricater, not so great on computer, so I'm sure it's on here some wear ,but I'll ask any way.
I have an 84 b2 I have a77 f150 frame running gear c6 ,transfer case, and a 351 w. I'm wanting to cut frame to fit b2 body . Has anybody here done this?
Any help suggestions would be greatly appreciated .
This will be a toy/ daily driver,I drive a dodge dully and fuel and mileage are killing me,but I have to have it for towing at times. I've had the b2 for 5 years bought for $200 bucks and it ran smoked like crazey and had to be in 4 low to make it up low angle inclines.it was a deer lease tk. But fairly clean .
Any and all comments are welcome.
At this time my concern is engine bay, 351w and radiator clearance ?
Second is f150 frame is pickup, frame configuration I feel is slightly different than bronco full size,yes?
Any way feel free to chime in. Want to get done to start driving sooner than latter to save on fuel cost and keep mileage off dulley.
tekatlarge

Re: New to site, questions

Post by tekatlarge »

It seems to me the frame is a poor fit under the B2. I have heard of people using a full size 150 running gear on a B2 chassis but I believe there is some frame trimming necessary to clear the full size transfer case. It can be done. That said maybe someone else will chime in. At any rate good Luck
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
Quick draw

Post by Quick draw »

Well all I have read about puting in a v8 in bronco frame is all about clearance issues, I shouldn't have that, it seems to make the most of it using the 150 frame, more strength, all I should have to do is cut transmission tunnel , relocate body mounts, shorten frame, tie in stearing....?? Any way I'm not getting much feedback from any of the forums, so I'll let yall know how it goes.
xtek

Post by xtek »

there is a conversion kit for stuffing a v8 in a b2 on the b2 frame cant wait to hear how your swap goes im thinking 302 myself. probably stick to the 4.0 though just for the sake of fuel mileage
kirkland2887

Post by kirkland2887 »

I dont remember where, maybe you tube. But i saw a video and pics of a b2 with a full size bronco frame and 460. Maybe bronco2 corral. I believe i messaged him about the steering hookup.