trim around rear side windows

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
rayrayd

trim around rear side windows

Post by rayrayd »

I'm new to the B2 world - 1984 4x4 POS LOL can anyone tell me where i can get the trim around the rear side stationary glass windows? the idiot that had it before i got my hands on it took them off and lost a few sections of it please help
kirkland2887

Re: trim around rear side windows

Post by kirkland2887 »

if you want some advise from b2 lovers on a b2 site. i wouldnt start out calling it a POS. get on google. shouldnt take long to find stuff. just have to weed out full size and original bronco stuff
rayrayd

Post by rayrayd »

I wasn't POS'ing all b2's - just the way mine started out - I'm pretty partial to mine! just frustrated with getting it back on the road with the way it was treated and left to rot to the ground by the previous owner. I've been looking hard local and on the web for that trim. I may just have the windshield guy run me a nice bead of urethane around the side windows when he changes the windshield. How do you think that will look?
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

How are you at wood working? I saw a B-II a short while back where the owner had redone the trim in the rig in oak wood. Looked Pretty Kewl. also seen PVC tube cut down the middle to create two 1/2 sides and then mitered the ends to meet up. Heck there is all kinds of things you could use.. Be different, be unique, be original, or check your local Pull A Part.
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
rayrayd

Post by rayrayd »

Wow! oak trim molding huh? Dang, I wouldn't mind seeing some pics of something like that. I'm a visual kinda guy if ya know what i mean. I will put some thought to it. How did they secure it tho? thanks for the inspiration Tek
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

I think the guy secured the trim with screws. However you can stick wood to metal with some epoxy glue or even RTV Silicone. When one sets his or her mind to it the sky is the limit.
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
drofman

Post by drofman »

drofman

Post by drofman »

Sorry it's for the w/shield
Swamp Dawg

Post by Swamp Dawg »

Lance Skene

Post by Lance Skene »

I have a couple '84/'85 parts trucks here..... $50 plus shipping for both complete sides, I could put up pics tomorrow if you interested. I ship alot of garden tractor parts to the US thru Canada Post, cost is not bad, delivery is usually about 5 days.
'80 Bronco 351M
'85 BII 2.8/Duraspark
'89 F150 302 Supercab