Duratech (Cyclone) Engine Swap

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
jcscmng

Duratech (Cyclone) Engine Swap

Post by jcscmng »

Has anybody done an engine swap with the Ford Duratec V6 engine line, like a 35 or 37? I would think one would have to also swap drive train componets as HP is somewhere aroung 100hp more than the 2.9L Colonge. :cool:
tekatlarge

Re: Duratech (Cyclone) Engine Swap

Post by tekatlarge »

I have no personal knowledge of swapping in a diesel, However there is a thread on here about someone doing a diesel in there BII. Try this link. http://www.broncoii4x4.com/forum/viewto ... lit=diesel
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
jcscmng

Post by jcscmng »

The Duratech engines I'm interested in are gas engines, not diesel fueled.
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

I just read a bit about duratech and variants. Odd to me to hear them called the Duratech but then I don't know everything.

I just skimmed over an old article on how the Duratech was Fords unsung hero in the v6 dept. I know I was once thinking about using a Taurus SHO motor in the B2 but I would have to find a Transmission that would mate to the SHO motor. I think a transmission from behind the Vulcan motors would be needed and then you need to do transfer case games. The whole thing then started smelling like a high dollar investment with no visible return for what I wanted and needed.

I think your idea has some merit let us know if you go through with it.
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
jcscmng

Post by jcscmng »

Some of the Duratechs are mated to trans to rear wheel drive. The 37 might be too big 'cause it's used in the some of the F150s. I need to find out if the 35 has the same trans bolt pattern. Also, were they used in the Escape and or Explorer.