I Need some Info.

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
tekatlarge

I Need some Info.

Post by tekatlarge »

Is there anyone out there that may have a 2.9L Block lying about. I need to find some information on 2.9L Cam bearing journals. I would love a couple of photos shat showed the cam bearing removed from a block.

Ya see I may have missed a bad move on the previous owner side when it came to cam bearings on my engine. I was looking at the #2 Cam bearing journal today and noticed the oil hole in that bearing did not line up with a hole or slot. There is some mention in the ford technical manuals of some cam bearing differences in production. There were some cam bearings that had slots in the back of the bearing that did not require the hole alignment. There were also mentions of the block having a groove in the journal. I am confused to say the least.

I would love to look at the journals on a 2.9L with the cam bearings removed so if anyone has a naked block snap a couple a pictures of the cam bore journals if you can Let me know what you see.
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
Mud Addict

Re: I Need some Info.

Post by Mud Addict »

I got a dead 2.9 laying out back, if you want it you can have it. is in Enumclaw
tekatlarge

Re: I Need some Info.

Post by tekatlarge »

Thanks Mud Addict, So far I have been able to scrape together 90% of what I will need. I may not need anything off the motor but it is good to know a source of needed little things is available. I was digging through my junk pile and ran across some parts I pulled from an 86 2.9L I got up in Mt Vernon. I found the rocker assembly, and pushrods. I
lower intake that still has the injectors (Score). I am realizing how many of the little detail items you don't think about when you try to build a complete motor to plop in without using a whole bunch a parts. Of I found pushrods too.

The original motor in the B II now is froze up locked up. it is going to be messy pulling the carcass out as I can't turn the crank to remove the flywheel to converter bolts. I must separate the two by pulling the trans to engine bolts and sliding back until the converter clears the input shaft. Even if you drain all the fluid in the trans pan there is still a couple a quarts hiding inside the converter ready to spill out all over the floor and me and everything in sight. Trans fluid stinks I hate auto transmissions...

But I digress, I will keep the 2.9 in mind and I appreciate The offer. :cool:
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast