2wd wiring harness in a 4wd

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
crazywilly

2wd wiring harness in a 4wd

Post by crazywilly »

Looking to upgrade my b2 I have noticed that 2wd rangers and explorers are a lot cheaper I have manually locking 4x4 so as far as I know it should work. I want to get a donor 96 or newer my thinking is that if I'm going to have a computer it should pull its share and tell me what's wrong
Slammin Sam

Re: 2wd wiring harness in a 4wd

Post by Slammin Sam »

willey,
Maybe I'm getting a little thick in my old age, but I'm not sure what you are asking. Please explain further.
crazywilly

Post by crazywilly »

My plan is to buy a newer truck and swap engine and complete harness I have a 88 bii 4x4 and I have been finding 2x4 trucks for cheaper. What I don't know is if I buy a 5 speed 2wd truck and keep my 4wd trans in the bii and just put in the 2wd harness and engine. I guess what I'm asking is if there is different wires from 2wd trans to 4wd trans
crazywilly

Post by crazywilly »

The problem I am having is that I have no spark I have replaced the computer,distributor,cap,rotor,icm,coil. I went throughout all the wiring getting power every where at the right volts but still no spark
crazywilly

Post by crazywilly »

Fixed the problem ended up being the working but not working relay replaced it despite it clicking and reset timing and she lives again but I do have to tackle the dam tfi course or maybe o2 either way it will surge slug then stall after It warms up