1987 Bronco ii with a 302

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
87broncoii302

1987 Bronco ii with a 302

Post by 87broncoii302 »

Hello everyone, hows it going? I'm new to these forums and a new owner of a 87 bronco ii with a 302 out of an early 70s torino with upgraded cam and lifters holly 650 carb, mallory unilite distributor and a griffon radiator. It has fords 8.8 limited slip rear axle (which i've been told is rare, i dont really know) It also has a 6" skyjacker lift with 33's

The previous previous owner did the build and now this is my new DD...

Anywho, I picked it up with the heater core bypassed and was wondering which kind I should get that would work best with the griffon radiator, does it matter? I dont mind spending an exta 40 or so bucks...

Also, the mallory unilite is built for the track so its dumping in more fuel than it needs too? The previous owner told me there is a kit and now i cant get a hold of him to ask what sort of kit it needs? any suggestions? Also thinking about picking up a power filter for the distributor... any thoughts or mods you guys think would make a good DD would really help me out.
Thank you for your time and responses.
87broncoii302

Re: 1987 Bronco ii with a 302

Post by 87broncoii302 »

Nobody know's exactly what year it was pulled out of...jsut early 70s is all i was told
drofman

Re: 1987 Bronco ii with a 302

Post by drofman »

Welcome, what does the mallory unilite have to do with fuel? it only does spark. It's a carb so it doesn't have anything to do with fuel just spark, So if anything it would be better for fuel mileage. Heater by-pass? Why? it doesn't go into the Radiator so why do you want to by-pass it? I like my heater and it's one of the easiest heater cores to replace. If you want to know the year of the motor you can kinda get close if it still has the stock intake manifold by the part number or pull a valve cover and see the part number is there. Enjoy your ride and have fun.