cranks fast no start

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
mwh7668

cranks fast no start

Post by mwh7668 »

I'm looking into buying a 1985 bronco II. here's what I do know, it cranks fast and does not start. I was told that his wife was driving it home it died and he's telling me it is a timing chain. This would be my first Bronco II so I'm not very familiar with them. I will know more about it on Sun, I was just looking for a few pointers to check out to see if it is timing chain without having to tear into it.
kirkland2887

Re: cranks fast no start

Post by kirkland2887 »

pull the oil cap and look at the valve train while sombody cranks it. if nothing is moving it needs a chain. if stuff is moving there is no compression and it probably needs a motor
drofman

Post by drofman »

85 had the 2.8L and it's gear driven not a timing chain. you might pull the dist. cap and see if the dist is turning. like kirkland said if the valve train is not turning it's the gears. if the valve train is turning and the dist. is not turning it may be the pin on the dist gear. just throwing stuff at you.
Mudhog1977

Post by Mudhog1977 »

shoot a lil starting fluid in the carb and at least see if its at least getting fire
Live to ride, ride to live, thats how I roll