door dinger?

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
treel98

door dinger?

Post by treel98 »

does anyone here know where the little speaker/buzzer thing is that dings when you have the door open with the key in i have the dash apart right now to wire for subs and want to remove it while i got it apart

thanks again
tekatlarge

Re: door dinger?

Post by tekatlarge »

Ya know I never looked for that with my Rangers and BIIs, I did find the buzzer in my 84 Mazda truck. it was found hiding under the drivers seat.. seat. The easiest way to find it is tom open the door let it buzz and follow the sound. I put an icepick into the buzzer itself and silence and peace were finally at hand!

Your Mileage May Vary
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
drofman

Post by drofman »

You can cut it at the wire on the key cly if you have that apart
treel98

Post by treel98 »

well i would cut the wire but number 1 i dont have that apart and 2 i dont know what wire it is but i have tried to source out the sound but i could not find it if you find out lemme know

and do you know how to post pictures
i couldnt figure it out
drofman

Post by drofman »

if you take your column covers off and it's the only wire to the key cly.
dgl6y6

Post by dgl6y6 »

I suggest leaving it alone. mine quit on me a couple months ago and I keep leaving the headlights on.
Lance Skene

Post by Lance Skene »

In my '85 its above the glove box beside the emmisions control service module, if you have the dash out just pull the light switch on and you'll find it easily.

but you will leave the lights on and regret it..lol
'80 Bronco 351M
'85 BII 2.8/Duraspark
'89 F150 302 Supercab
wilsonsuarez

Post by wilsonsuarez »

or remove it and wire you radio in sequence with your lights, that way the radio will stay on until you shut off your headlights once the key is off. only annoying thing is if you are driving and turn on/off your lights the radio will cut out for a sec. i hated that buzzer but woke up too many mornings to a dead battery after i had left my lights on after removing it, now i know that if my radio doesnt shut completely off that im forgetting something. just a thought.
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

Funny thing happened to me today, I drive about in my E150 wheelchair van. Well I don't use the drivers door. I use the 2 side doors. Just today I locked my keys in the van. I just forgot to remove them from the ign. I also leave the lights on once in a while. So today after the last click I realized they were still in the van. I was fortunately only locked out about 10 min. The point is I don't have any of the buzzers on my side doors and although they are annoying at times they would have saved my embarrassment today!
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
dgl6y6

Post by dgl6y6 »

wilsonsuarez wrote:or remove it and wire you radio in sequence with your lights, that way the radio will stay on until you shut off your headlights once the key is off. only annoying thing is if you are driving and turn on/off your lights the radio will cut out for a sec. i hated that buzzer but woke up too many mornings to a dead battery after i had left my lights on after removing it, now i know that if my radio doesnt shut completely off that im forgetting something. just a thought.
If you connect the switched 12+ for the radio to the headlight circuit then the headlights would be on whenever the key is on. Plus that seems like too much current for the radio circuit. Wouldn't it be better to interrupt the power supply to the headlight switch with a relay triggered by the radio circuit? Then the lights can't be on without the key in.

I never understood the complaint about the dinger anyway. I can't think of any good reason to do the things the dinger is warning against.