Keyless entry and remote start.

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
dgl6y6

Keyless entry and remote start.

Post by dgl6y6 »

I just checked the tracking info and the remote start system i ordered will be there when i get home!! Its going to take some creative wiring but its got some really cool features.

Roll the windows up or down with the remote. This i think is really cool, it measures the voltage at the window switch and detects when the window it fully up or down by the current spike when the motor hits the end. so you just press once and it does the rest. one window at at time probably.

auto door lock and unlock : unlock with remote start, alarm active but it gives you 30 sec after opening the door to put the key in. once key in it relocks when you hit the brake. if the key is in the ignition, engine running or not, the doors unlock when you shut the doors.(so you cant lock your keys in the car)
remote start
intermittent starting to keep the car warmed up for up to 12 hours
alarm outputs to the horn but uses the dome light circuit as the trigger if any doors are opened.
shock sensor: the reviews said that this is not sensitive enough and you have to slam the door to trip it so i may not put it in.
single horn honk/panic button for finding your car at Walmart haha
trunk pop actuator circuit: not electric on the BII so i can hook up anything i want. Suggestions, comedic or serious, would be appreciated.

I bypassed the clutch switch years ago when it went out. I just have to remember to leave it in neutral so i don't create a "Christine" type situation in my neighborhood. haha

Ill post some pics of the install and maybe a video of it working if i finish tonight.
dgl6y6

Re: Keyless entry and remote start.

Post by dgl6y6 »

Update on this project.
Sorry i never got pics posted.
I unhooked the remote start after my BII went "christine" on my like I was afraid of. I was going into the store and hit the start button in my pocket. I hear the activation honk and started scrambling to grab the remote back out of my pocket but i wasn't fast enough. It drove over the curb, down a small hill and through the fence at my local grocery store. Nobody got hurt and the manager was really nice about it so It was ok in the end. But Its scary as shit to see your BII go on a rampage on its own. I was thinking of mounting a sensor on top of the tranny that the shifter would hit when its in first gear but I will probably be to nervous to hook it back up. I think I will just disconnect the starter wire but leave the ignition so i can start her manually, then take the keys out and leave it running.
dgl6y6

Re: Keyless entry and remote start.

Post by dgl6y6 »

Sorry about being so slow in updating this.
Apparently the B2 manual transmission does have a neutral switch. I think the first time I changed the clutch when I was about 14 It disconnected it and tucked the wire up and never put it back on. It has 12v to it all the time and the switch closes whenever its in gear. It goes to the big switch on the clutch pedal. Im not sure about this because my clutch switch crapped out long ago, but it looks like you were able to start the engine without pressing the clutch as long as it was in neutral. Can anybody confirm this?
Sooooo . . . wired it up to the brake pedal sensing wire on the remote start and its safe again. The remote start is supposed to shut off if you step on the brake. the logic being that a theif would have to step on the brake to shift out of park. since I have a manual it makes more sense to do it this way anyway since a thief could drive it away without ever touching the brakes. I will never stop being paranoid about it though. I always triple check to make sure I'm in neutral and I park facing a wall when possible.