1984 bronco II stalls sometimes at redlights.

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
mason500

1984 bronco II stalls sometimes at redlights.

Post by mason500 »

I got a 84 bronco II and it stalls at redlights or when I put in clutch at 2 nd and 1st gear. its kinda consistent. I have checked vacuum line's and can't find any leaks. I got a new egr valve and 2 year old Idle speed control motor. I can't figure why it is still doing it. I will also replace oxygen sensor..Please give me something new to look for..
thanks
mason500
dgl6y6

Re: 1984 bronco II stalls sometimes at redlights.

Post by dgl6y6 »

do you have the 2.9 EFI?
mason500

Post by mason500 »

it got a 2.8 l v6 with a motorcraft 2150 carb.
dgl6y6

Post by dgl6y6 »

hmmm. . . to be honest i didnt know the 2.8 had an oxygen sensor. but if that was the problem it shouldn't happen when the engine is cold. Does it only do it at a stop or will it do it whenever you put in the clutch for more than a sec? sorry man i dont know enough about the 2.8 to be much help. never hurts to change the fuel filter. pour some sea foam into the filter before you hook up the front hose so it runs straight seafoam through the jets maybe its just bad atomization.
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

Do you have trouble putting it in gear at times? Especially when cold? If you do it is probably a Bad clutch or related items. I bought a really sharp 88 Ranger a few years back. My neighbor thought it needed a new transmission cause they couldn't get it to go in gear and when they got it going it would quit when they wanted to stop. It was just a bad clutch and a few bucks later it was a nice runner.. I flipped it and like made 2 g's on the turnover.

Just a thought..
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast