hydraulic clutch

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
wilber

hydraulic clutch

Post by wilber »

putting a np435 in a 89 b2, have the clutch master cylinder, and a external slave for the np435. any ideas on what to use for the clutch line?
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

I used stock master, stock line, and 75 toyota landcruiser slave.

To mate the stock line to the slave, I just used a compression fitting. Been working flawelessly.

If your NP435 chit is stock....isn't it the same style fitting as a BII...the nipple and a roll pin to lock it in? Eitherway, you should be able to use almost anything, and adapt with compression fittings.

I love my NP435. I can pretty much idle up anything. I have much more control now and I don't have to ride the clutch.

wilber

Post by wilber »

ill have to look, but i think i only have a lil piece of the line coming out of the master and the new slave.

the b2 was alx's with a c4d20 and im putting the np435, in it

truck has the pedel in it, just needed the resivoir and line. was wonder if i could just get some kind of generic hydraulic clutch line? or if i should just order one for a 89 b2?
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

The problem with the factory lines is they have pre-formed bends. Kind of hard to work with.

A long time ago my line melted on my exhaust manifold. I couldn't find a line in a junk yard, so I made my own. I bought some plastic line, heated the ends, and pushed in the nipple from the stock line. This worked, but as the seasons changed, the constant hot/cold always made it leak and eventually fail. I couldn't find any good line that was the right size.

Sooo.......I'd have to say try for the factory line. Although it would be a shame to cut it up if it's new. Also keep in mind there were a few different lines made, depending on the transmission. I pretty much got lucky and the preformed bends worked good enough for my application.
DZK007

Post by DZK007 »

If you have an external slave then you should be able to use an early ('83 - 8?) line from a ranger or BII equiped with a Toyokoygo utilising an external slave. As long as your slave is on the pass side of the tranny
'84 Bronco II, 3.0L, 4X4, 5spd, D-35+8.8 w/31spl Explorer axles, some suspension mods.....

410fortune Owes ME $$$ !
wilber

Post by wilber »

its on the drivers side.... ill see what i can come up with