transmission support brace

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
dgl6y6

transmission support brace

Post by dgl6y6 »

I just noticed that my transmission support brace is starting to rust through.( 88 b2 4x4)I'm having trouble finding any where to buy a new 1. Local junk yards don't have anything better than what I have now. it's rusting through on the tube that contains the rubber bushing. I've noticed on full size Broncos another Ford trucks there is only a rubber bushing between the transmission and the brace, the brace bolts directly to the frame. I'm thinking it might try to fabricate a new brace and bolt it directly to the frame in this fashion. trying to fabricate a new brace to replace the factory 1 is a bit out of my league. Anybody have any thoughts?
rusty7983

Re: transmission support brace

Post by rusty7983 »

I have the same in my B2. I have a 83 ranger 4x4. it does not have that rubber bushing bs. I am thinking about swapping out the crossmember and the brackets on the frame.
rusty7983

Post by rusty7983 »

I was looking at one of those higher dollar built rigs last night. It was built using one of the earlier or ranger crossmembers. One bracket is factory riveted to the frame and has a bolt at the bottom and bolts to the frame on the other side. When mine gets real bad, I will pull the one I got from my old ranger.
dgl6y6

Post by dgl6y6 »

Hey i Know this is an old thread but i thought id update it in case anyone is looking. I found a bunch of places selling brand new ford oem replacements for the whole crossmember for around 150. I was about to pay a machine shop to turn down an over sized urethane bushing to replace the bushings in the junkyard one i got after i started this thread back in '09. It was hard to find because its referred to as "rear engine mount bracket" ??? but the part number is "E9TZ6A023E" A quick google search of the part number came up with a bunch of hits. Sorry it took almost 3 years to find guys, I hope nobody gave up.