New guy with an issue

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
hrdfrntr95

New guy with an issue

Post by hrdfrntr95 »

Hey guys...just got my firat bronco 2. So far i love it. I have a 9094 with the 2.9 and a 5 speed. Interior looks great and only got a few minor rust spots behine the rear tires to fix. Traded a thunderbird for it!!!!

Heres my question. Im having an issue with the 4wd. I replaced the selector switch but its a game of luck to if it wprks or not. And when it does im not sure if its actually in 4wdaltoona/eau cuz it doesnt seem to be binding up in turns.

When i push the button sometimes nothing happens. Not sure what to fix or check. Any ideas?

It also has automatic hubs which i hated on my f150 due to not lockin in so i know im gpna change those. Bit gotgl get the other issue fixed first.
tekatlarge

Re: New guy with an issue

Post by tekatlarge »

Put on a set of manual hubs and the shift problem is most likely the shift control motor on the transfer case.
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
hrdfrntr95

Re: New guy with an issue

Post by hrdfrntr95 »

So that would cause nothing to happen when pushin the button? No lights or nothing come on most of the time. Messed with it today and got the 4x4 light to come on. But after spinging the tires over a bit by quickly pumpin the clut h the fronts did not spin. It also shut itsself off as well. Winters comin fast and i would like to get this fixed before snow flies. Thanks for the help.