Rear End Question ...

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
Ronnie_B

Rear End Question ...

Post by Ronnie_B »

I have a 1990 Bronco II 4x4. When I bought it, the old gentleman told me he had replaced the rear end but was not sure it was the correct one. Now the rear end has gone out and I am not sure how to find out which rear end to search for. I know about the tag on the rear end, however, I am not confident that the correct rear end was on the Bronc when I got it. Is there any other method of finding out what the correct rear end would be? Thanks, Ronnie B
kirkland2887

Re: Rear End Question ...

Post by kirkland2887 »

just type in rear end identification for your truck on your fave search engine. there are plenty of sites out there that help identify with the tag numbers. some sites even have pictures of all the different ones and show how to identify
williamsb2

Post by williamsb2 »

On the drivers side door panel there is a sticker with GVWR and tire/wheel size, at the bottom are codes for body, trans, axle ect, for 88 B2 from my original owners manual, 42/ 3.45 open, 44/ 3.73 open, D4/ 3.73 trac loc, D7/ 4.10 trac loc
dirtcowboy

Post by dirtcowboy »

Explorer 91-96 8.8. As long as you are going to replace it, do it right the first time.