new and need parts

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
treel98

new and need parts

Post by treel98 »

Hey everyone i am new to the sight. I have a 1990 Ford Bronco II. Ok i need mudding advice. any tips and advice. i want to get some performance parts i have the stock 2.9 L automatic. me and my father are planning on taking an old 302 in. i am looking for a tan center councle and anything you can throw at me for a good price
jefe

Re: new and need parts

Post by jefe »

Welcome to the boards.

I have no mudding advice though, or a console....but welcome.
CFAIST

Post by CFAIST »

Make the most out of the power you have, Aside from Pacesetter headers they dont make a whole lot of performance parts for the 2.9L. The speed density Fuel inj. kinda ruins that market. Unless you live in Europe. Best bet with an Auto trans is 4.10-4.56 gears with 33"s. Irregardless of what people may say you will go farther with skinney and tall tires in the mud. Wheel speed and GOOD tires if you want to go anywhere in the mud. Center console- I would hit the junkyards for that, The one in my 89 was in it when I got and its an aftermarket one. It fits, its gray and it has 4 beer...Er cupholders.
1989 Bronco II 2.9 5-speed, 15" x 8" Chrome directionals on 30 x 9.50 x 15 Mud Claw Radials, Next up paint time!
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

Exactly what I would say. " Aim for where you want to be, Don't spare the skinny pedal and hang on like ya was on the Titanic". You will soon reach your destination!
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast