Oh no!

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
AKBroncoII

Oh no!

Post by AKBroncoII »

Driving to work today, almost to my exit. Everything was running fine, when all of a sudden, Ol' Agnes made a loud bang, ran rough, and then shut down right on the side of the highway. She'll start up, but runs really rough. I've include some pics of her "flexing" on the tow truck. I'm definitely not equipped for this job, so I got a mechanic coming to check it out tomorrow. Maybe now's a good time for that V8 swap...
Attachments
Agnes4.jpg
Agnes5.jpg
drofman

Re: Oh no!

Post by drofman »

Big bang then running rough. Don't like the sound of that. Good luck, Hopefully it not something bad.
kirkland2887

Post by kirkland2887 »

big bang like a backfire, or big bang like a rod going through the side of the block
AKBroncoII

Post by AKBroncoII »

A big metallic bang, and then loud metallic rattling...I'm pretty sure I threw a rod.
kirkland2887

Post by kirkland2887 »

That really sucks. Sorry
AKBroncoII

Post by AKBroncoII »

Got the go ahead from the wife to put in the 302. Now I just need the money. Should be fun when it's done. Hopefully it'll be done in October.
JoshKinslow

Post by JoshKinslow »

I want my B2 to do that. I want a 302. Its the PERFECT excuse!
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

Any updates AK? I am looking forward to how this is going. Just dont ask me how mine is going...