Help, oil pump

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
purgatorywalker

Help, oil pump

Post by purgatorywalker »

Where is located the oil pump (B2 84 2.8L)? Some oil is spilling and can't figure out where it comes from, the area is hard to see and reach. I figured it might be from the valve gasket (back side of the motor,can't see) or the pump which I can't find(don't know what to look for). Plus the oil is smelling like gas. I really want to fix this but the previous owner did not care and the vehicle is a mess. I don't have much money so I have to make all the fixing, plus I have not much knowledge in automotive mechanic.

I am sorry if my grammar is awful, English is not my main language but this forum is the only help I could find.
jefe

Re: Help, oil pump

Post by jefe »

Oil pump is inside the oil pan. Pretty difficult to get to.

Valve covers are pretty common leak areas.

One method is to get the engine cleaned up as good as you can, so you can tell better where the leaks are coming from.

Either way its not going to be a quick fix especially if you dont have much experience working on engines.
drofman

Post by drofman »

how is the oil level? the 2.8L has the fuel pump on the engine and SOMETIMES if they are bad it will dump fuel into the engine and raise the oil level. We used to call this making oil. jefe has a good point if the oil level is ok.
jefe

Post by jefe »

See I learned something too....didn't know that about the 2.8's.
kirkland2887

Post by kirkland2887 »

if it is carberated then the float could be out of adjustment or have a leaking needle and seat that is dumping fuel into the cylinders as well. if the oil level is over full you definately need to find out where and what is getting in the gas before any bearings get ruined
purgatorywalker

Post by purgatorywalker »

The oil seems to be low but when engine is running it gets to normal level. When driving the oil pressure sensor sometimes goes crazy and the needle(marker) looks like it is shaking. I'll start cleaning the engine as soon as possible. The fuel pump is no problem it is new and everything is working properly. kirkland2887 point seems to be my problem, I'll get in to that when I get some money.
drofman

Post by drofman »

I see on an other post that you replaced the fuel pump cause it was bad. You need to see what your oil pressure is with an physical gauge to see if your dash gauge is correct. Just my 2 cents and it's free.