87 B2 wont run. plz help

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
timsparrow69

Re: 87 B2 wont run. plz help

Post by timsparrow69 »

I have an 87 b2 2.9lt v6, all the stuff inside if the distributor cap is corroded as well as the tfi
drofman

Post by drofman »

you have to see if you have spark coming out of the coil wire. If you have spark at coil wire and not at plug wire it's the rotor and cap. If you don't have spark at coil wire could be TFI, stater, coil, computer, wiring etc. Since you have the TFI out already, take to Autozone or someplace the same and have it tested for free.
timsparrow69

Post by timsparrow69 »

how do i test to see if i have spark at the coil?
drofman

Post by drofman »

pull the center wire in the cap (Coil input) hold about a 1/4 inch from ground and have someone turn it over for you. An arch of electricity should make it's way to ground and a spark should be easily seen. You could just hold the end if you have a crowd of friends around if they need a good laugh. Just kidding, don't do that. In the old days when cars had point and condensers, we used to charge a condenser and then asked someone to hand it to us. Good times........good times