fuel pressure regulator 88 2.9 efi

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
jaybones77

fuel pressure regulator 88 2.9 efi

Post by jaybones77 »

is there a way to check to see if the fuel pressure reg is working propery. (test) I did a pressure test and it came out ok, but that was off the schrader valve on the fuel rail, not after the fpr. It does run great when i spray a little ether in the intake. and even a min. later if i work the accelerator alot. Both fuel pumps work. I'm really at a loss.

thanks
Mudhog1977

Re: fuel pressure regulator 88 2.9 efi

Post by Mudhog1977 »

Fuel filters?
Live to ride, ride to live, thats how I roll
jaybones77

Post by jaybones77 »

i changed the one in the canister and i will be changing the metal one next time Igo to town to get one. i did disconect the fuel lines from the fpr and turned the ignition on I got lots of fuel. Also i did a diagnostic test using a volt meter and got what i beleive was cades 11 and 21 but, the truck has had the battery disconected multiple time and has been tried to be started so many time that im not sure there are any codes in memory. Also I did a noid light test and i got a good reading on the injectors. im almost ready to take it to the shop, even though like every one else im broke. maybe ill check the map sensor.

thanks
kirkland2887

Post by kirkland2887 »

does the fuel pressure hold if you let it sit for a bit. all you need to run is air, fuel, fire, and compression. if you know that you have all of these then there could be sensor or timing problems
drofman

Post by drofman »

you vacuum test it and see if it hold vacuum. that'll tell you if the diaphragm is good
wmmichael20

Post by wmmichael20 »

pull the vaccum line off the back of it ....if its full of fuel then the regulator is junk .......thats how i figured out mine was bad
Icepicker

Post by Icepicker »

You may want to check your fuel tank sending unit. The filter on the bottom may need to be replaced, you may even have a kink/twist in your fuel lines, check from the tank up to the EFI, and also your return line as well as your vent line, may just be plugged up with gunk.