1990 B2 fuel cell float replacement, now it doesn't start

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
303lithgow

1990 B2 fuel cell float replacement, now it doesn't start

Post by 303lithgow »

I replaced the fuel cell float because it was leaking. Now the B2 won't start. Not even a little sight of life. I've turned the key on a few times to get pressure back up but nothing. The inertia switch appears to be in the down position.

The good part is the fuel guage works and shows 1/4 full which is about the amount of fuel I put back into it.

Help!
1986 Bronco II, base 4wd, auto
1990 Bronco II, XLT, 5 speed
1970 F250 Camper Special
1967 Kit Companion Camper Trailer
tekatlarge

Re: 1990 B2 fuel cell float replacement, now it doesn't star

Post by tekatlarge »

Hmmm Runs before Fuel gauge and pump were messed with. Maybe something is missing like a ground. Or maybe a fuse poped. Can you hear the fuel pump run momentarily when you switch the key on.
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
303lithgow

Re: 1990 B2 fuel cell float replacement, now it doesn't star

Post by 303lithgow »

tekatlarge wrote:Hmmm Runs before Fuel gauge and pump were messed with. Maybe something is missing like a ground. Or maybe a fuse poped. Can you hear the fuel pump run momentarily when you switch the key on.
Yes I can hear the pump run. When I changed the float I also changed the filler hose because it was cracked and leaking during refills. The replacement hose was an aftermarket with the steel rib. It was difficult to get past the ribs and I wasn't 100% sure it was a tight fit so it could be leaking air pressure. I'm not sure that matters.

I'm thinking its an electrical problem because if it was a fuel problem it would at least sputter some. It should have had some fuel in the system still. I checked all the fuses but didn't see a fuse for the fuel pumb in the Chilton.
1986 Bronco II, base 4wd, auto
1990 Bronco II, XLT, 5 speed
1970 F250 Camper Special
1967 Kit Companion Camper Trailer