How in the Heck.....

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
plowboy

How in the Heck.....

Post by plowboy »

do you get the fuel lines off the fuel tank? I need to drop the tank and put in a new fuel pump. Tried lowering the tank but it just pinches the lines and i still can't reach up in there or really see to get them off. Any tips appreciated.
Can't think of anything witty, intelligent, or cool to say...guess I'm just stupid.
fnlucky

Re: How in the Heck.....

Post by fnlucky »

Hey buddy what year?
fnlucky

Post by fnlucky »

sorry for stalking Ur posts is it the 85 or other?
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

My apologies. It's an 88. Need to put a new pump in the tank. Can't get the lines off the top of the tank. Not sure how to release the clips when I can't see them or even reach them.
Can't think of anything witty, intelligent, or cool to say...guess I'm just stupid.
fnlucky

Post by fnlucky »

You will have to forgive me my memory fails me... At some point along the fuel lines it runs into another pump? Will it release from there? I'll have to slap mine on the lift Saturday to trace it down ill keep looking for ya
wmmichael20

Post by wmmichael20 »

the clips just slide out of the fittings just push a flat head screwdriver under the tabs on them and pry out then just pull the lines off or take the lines off at the filter canister on the frame rail .........you said u cant reach or see the lines on top of the tank .....let it down with a floor jack and get under the bronco and u should be able to get at them from the front side just reach over the rear axel and there they are ....hope some of this helps ya