88 BII code 96 Fuel Pump Monitoring Circuit ??

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
plowboy

88 BII code 96 Fuel Pump Monitoring Circuit ??

Post by plowboy »

My son just got his first BII. It's an 88 with a 2.9. I'm trying to trouble shoot a code 96 "Fuel Pump Monitoring Cirucit no Voltage". The fuel guage does not work either. My question is that could this trouble code be related to the fuel gauge not working. My searches so far have resulted in looking for wiring problems ie. bad grounds/shorts/blown fuse in the monitoring circuit.

My second question is does anyone have a schematic of the FPMC? None of my books shows this circuit and I have not been able to find one on the net yet.

Could this also be related to the float/sending unit in the tank being bad?
Can't think of anything witty, intelligent, or cool to say...guess I'm just stupid.
drofman

Re: 88 BII code 96 Fuel Pump Monitoring Circuit ??

Post by drofman »

there is a IVR (instrument Voltage Regulator) on the back side of instrument cluster but it wil control the coolant and oil pressure gauges also. it has like 9 volt battery connectors to the printed circuit tape.
Attachments
P7130123.JPG
P7130125.JPG
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

Awesome! Thanks. I'll start there and see where it leads.
Can't think of anything witty, intelligent, or cool to say...guess I'm just stupid.
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

Make sure the ground wire from the body to the fuel gauge mount at the tank is good.
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

Thanks Tek. I will check that too.
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

Here is a funny one. I went to O'Reiley's to price a sending unit. $122.95 for the sending unit. Guess how much a complete new pump was....$124.99 :rolleyes2: