bronco tech

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
tekatlarge

Re: bronco tech

Post by tekatlarge »

The oil pump is a good place to look. Check the oil pump shaft and check the clearance for the gears. The most important thing I can recommend to you is patience. Look at everything even the most unlikely things can happen. This is NOT the first time a defective new part can drive you crazy for hours. Good luck were all watching hoping to see what it turns out to be.
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
togosake

Post by togosake »

I put air in to the oil sending unit fitting and found that it can out like mad ""HIS HIS"" checked the mains Clearance with red Plasitgauge 0.009 no change could not find yellow Plasitgauge 0.009-0.020 checked with Caliper and a Micrometer to find the man at mech shop that was to only clean and check crank for size said it was stander not undower sized send it back to them and they said ok we turn it down now !!!!Thanks Alot !!!! hope this is all they F---ed up on it
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

One of the very first engines I ever built I sent the crank in to be turned. I got the crank back supposedly 10-10 under. It was even tagged 10-10 . I picked up some TRW main and rod bearings. After getting all the pistons and rods and crank in I found there was vertical movement in the crankshaft. I pulled the main caps and found they had turned the mains 20 and the rods 10. Well a new crank and bearings again and this time I plastic gauged every single bearing. I had that sucker at 1.5 Thou all across the board.

The point I want to make is "Trust but Verify"
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
drofman

Post by drofman »

Glad you found it and didn't give up and put it up for sale.