84 bronco 2 starting problems

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
lonelysheep

84 bronco 2 starting problems

Post by lonelysheep »

I replaced the heads on the 2.8 put everything back together and proceeded to starting after fill with fluids. When i tried to crank it over it was almost as if it didnt have fuel. Doesnt make since being that i also replaced fuel pump. i also had to replace my accel. pump due whole in diaphram. So now i have everyback together and am trying to start it. nothing. my father mentionedplaying with the distributor. I began to cross the solenoid while rotating dis. every once in a while i would come to a position that would cause white smoke to come out of the carb. i am stumped and have clue as to what to do. I would greatly appreciate some help.
101btp

Re: 84 bronco 2 starting problems

Post by 101btp »

well did you hear the pump kick in or try running power to it just to see if it was good you could have a bad relay?
Ranger Dave

Post by Ranger Dave »

101btp wrote:well did you hear the pump kick in or try running power to it just to see if it was good you could have a bad relay?

its a 84
lonelysheep

Post by lonelysheep »

It is a carburated engine so no jumb starting the pump. It is brand new anyway. yesterday i began working on the thing. there is some type of module that plugs in to the distr. well it had something wrong with it. Everytime i would touch a certain wire in it it would click like it was shorting out, so i replaced it. then i changed the fuel filter on the front of the carb which is good because nor i dont have to pour gas into the carb to see if it will run. i can just pus the throttle a couple of times and cross the solenoid. She will run until the fuel is out. To be totally honest that makes it sound like a fuel problem but it still doesnt seem right.