y cant i fix this!!!!!!!!!

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
Milton deal

y cant i fix this!!!!!!!!!

Post by Milton deal »

alright guys i got my bronco 2 a few months ago and found that there was a problem wid da fuel system so i
1.checked the relays
2cleaned both fuel filters
3.took out the tank and cleaned it up
4.fixed and cleaned the lp pump
5.bled the fuel lines
6.fixed some broken wires
and today when i went to put it in it wouldnt start and again there was no fuel in any of the lines so i took the tank back out and im testing the lp pump wich seems to work fine.....but only out of the car :wtf: .........today i unhooked the clip that went to the inertai switch and then rehooked it and 4 sum reason now none of my pumps r priming or even getting power :flipoff: all i can hear wen i turn the key is the ?relays? turning on and of wich sounds like a litttle click .......so i no both my fuel pump work but what can i do 2 fix this inertia switch bs :eek:
Milton deal

Re: y cant i fix this!!!!!!!!!

Post by Milton deal »

ok so i re installed the tank 2 day and after i took a hammer 2 the inertai switch the pumps started to run again but i still have no fuel pressure even after turing the pumps on and off about 15 times i thought that it may b the filter on the rail so i took it out and sprayed some carb cleaner in it......i think it may be clogged cuz if i spray it in the side the fuel line goes into then nothing comes out the other side.......im lost and have no idea what 2 do at this piont so any suggestions would b apprecaited
kreppnar

Post by kreppnar »

Have you checked the wire that connects to the negative battery cable? it looks like it has a small fusible link on it, (which isn't really a fuse, just a plug). I had the same problem with mine. I replaced both fuel pumps, then all i would hear is the back one turn on. The one under the driver seat wasn't working. Found that wire wasn't connected and plugged it up, and it worked well.
101btp

Post by 101btp »

o i had the issue of the terminal on the pump under the drivers seat was so rusted it came off i also had one of the fittings that screws into each end of the inline pump have some pit holes on it and at high pressure it really sucks!
Milton deal

Post by Milton deal »

IT RUNS!!!!! it turned out that the check valve in the filter was stuck so i just took it out and it runs and drived great